The Nominal Ledger report generates a complete list of all Transactions against a Nominal Code over a specified date range.
Please note that the Nominal Ledger does not include Bank Accounts, instead you should access this information by going to
Bank > View/Add > Set the to and from dates
Running the Report
Run this report by first going to:
Old UI: Tools & Reports > General Reports > Nominal Ledger
New UI: Reports> Business> Nominal Ledger
Use the options on this page to:
- From/To – Set the date range for this report
- Include Opening Balance – Tick this box to include the opening balance for each Nominal Code
- Filter based on a project – If you have got projects enabled you can filter the Nominal Ledger Report to only include Transactions assigned to a specific project
- Use the tick boxes to decide which Nominal Codes to produce a ledger for
When ready, click Next.
The next screen will list your nominal codes and all the transactions within them over the date range you specified. The report will detail the following:
- The Nominal Code
- Transaction Date
- Reference (Invoice Number, Receipt Number, Customer, Supplier)
- Narrative (Comment/ Description)
- Amount Debited/Credited
- Closing Balance
You can choose to Restart Report, Print This Page (download as a PDF) or Download CSV.