KashFlow has a security feature in place that automatically logs you out after 1 hour.
Step 1 – Clearing your temporary internet files
Clearing your temporary internet files solves the issue straight away in most cases. Temporary files like cookies, browser cache and others can cause various problems – one of our most common is persistant logging out after a few minutes. Just select your browser below for full instructions on clearing them. If you’re still having trouble after this move on to step 2.
Internet Explorer 9
- In Internet Explorer, click ‘Tools’ from the menu bar along the top
- Select ‘Internet Options’
- In the ‘General Tab’ you’ll see a section half way down labeled ‘Browsing History’, click the ‘Delete…’ button
- Tick the check boxes for ‘Temporary Internet Files’ and ‘Cookies’ (pictured right)
- Click the ‘Delete’ button
- Restart Internet Explorer
- In FireFox click the ‘Tools’ button from the menu bar
- Click ‘Clear Recent History’
- Select the time-range to ‘Everything’
- Tick the check-boxes for ‘Cookies’ and ‘Cache’
- Click the ‘Clear Now’ button
- Restart FireFox
- In Chrome click the little spanner/list icon on the far right of the address bar
- Click ‘Settings’ from the list
- Click ‘Under the bonnet’ from the list of options on the left
- Click the ‘Clear Browsing Data’ button
- Select the ‘obliterate the following items from’ to ‘the beginning of time’
- Select the check-boxes for ‘Empty the cache’ and ‘Delete Cookies and other plug-in data’
- Click the ‘Clear browsing data’ button
- Restart Chrome
Safari (on Mac)
- When in Safari, click ‘Tools’ in the top menu bar
- Select Reset Safari from the drop-down.
- Select ‘Cache’ and ‘Cookies’ from the list
- Click the Reset button.
- Exit and re-launch the Safari
Step 2 – Trying another browser
To double check that it’s not a browser issue we always ask that you try and log in using a different internet browser, this way we can completely rule out anything to do with that. Two browsers that you can try are Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome – just click on those links to download.
If you can’t replicate the problem on the other internet browser then it seems the problem is local to that. If you’re still having trouble even in the different browser try moving on to step 3.
Step 3 – Getting your details and contacting support
If you’re still having trouble just drop the friendly folks on support an e-mail at email@example.com and be sure to include the following details;
- Your username
- Copy and paste the details from http://www.thismachine.info
- Confirmation that you’ve tried clearing your temporary internet files
- Confirmation that the problem happens in another browser
- What server you are on if possible. You can find this out by going to Settings > Advanced Settings > Scrolling all the way to the bottom and on the right hand side looking for either STAN 1 or STAN 2. If you could let us know which one you’re on that’d be great.
- Any other relevant details such as when the problem started and how often you seem to be getting logged out.