i-Pay is a fully managed payroll service. To set up the I-Pay and KashFlow integration just follow this one-time setup guide:
To start, you will need to enable the KashFlow API by going to Apps> API Settings (Top right) and tick the box for Enable API and un-tick the box for Restrict Access by IP.
To setup the integration on i-Pay;
- Log in to www.i-pay.co.uk
- Click on the ‘Settings’ button in the menu bar
- Click the ‘Activate KashFlow’ button. A new ‘KashFlow’ menu button will appear
- Click the ‘KashFlow’ button in the menu bar
- Follow the instruction shown on-screen;
- Enter your KashFlow username and password. click ‘Next’ which verifies these details.
- Instructions are given on the next page to set up nominal code mapping so that I-PAY knows which of your KashFlow nominal accounts to post the journal entries to. For each nominal account listed you can either select the matching one from a drop-down list of your existing KashFlow nominal accounts and the click ‘Confirm’, or click ‘Add it’ which creates a nominal account in your KashFlow set of accounts for you. When you have completed each nominal account the journals page will be shown.
After you have approved your monthly payroll click the ‘KashFlow’ button in the menu bar in i-Pay. This will take you to the journals page if the set up procedure above has been completed fully. The journals page shows two lists: pending journals and journal history.
To post a pending journal for a specific payroll period click the ‘view/post’ button shown to the right of the payroll date. The journal is displayed. To post the journal click the ‘Post to KashFlow’ button. Or click ‘Back” to return to the journals page. (First journal tip: Please log in to KashFlow and check the journal is showing and it’s various entries have gone on to the correct nominal accounts).
To reverse a journal posting click the ‘Delete’ button shown to the right of the payroll date in the journal history list. This will remove the journal from your KashFlow accounts and relist the journal in the pending journal’s list.
When you come to pay your staff you will need enter a money out bank transaction for that amount in KashFlow. The transaction type will be Staff Salaries the amount will be the amount paid out and the transaction date will be the date the money left your account.
For support, contact i-Pay directly at https://www.i-pay.co.uk/#contact or call them on 0845 4745 105.