If your CSV files are not being downloaded properly and are displaying all the information scrambled together, with excessive special symbols, or both then chances are your spreadsheet program has been installed in a regional language other than English.
To fix this, follow this quick step by step for Windows OS (this involves changing your regional language settings);
- Click Start and go to Control Panel
- Go into ‘Regional and Language Options’
- Click ‘Additional Settings’
- For ‘Decimal Symbol’ enter a dot (.) and for ‘List Separator’ enter a comma (,)
- Click Apply, close and restart your spreadsheet programme
If you did not want to change your regional language options then there are other options available. There is a good guide to these available at http://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/2293-i-have-trouble-…