The CIS (Construction Industry Scheme) Report is based on the Sales and Purchases on which CIS deductions or WHT (Withholding Tax) that has been applied.
It is mainly relevant to Customers in the Construction Industry where your Customers withhold a percentage of the Invoice amount to instead pay it directly to the tax authorities. This means that you receive less than the amount of your Invoice from your Customers. More information on setting up and running CIS is available by clicking here.
Access this report by going to
Reports > Business > CIS Summary
Running the report
- Start Date / End Date – this is the date range of items to include
- Sales / Purchases – specify which type of items to include
- Items Issued – Invoices/Purchases that have been raised between the dates specified that may or may not be paid
- Payments Received – Only include paid Invoices/Purchases raised between the dates specified
When you are ready, click Run Report
Understanding the report
The CIS report will then be generated with 4 or 5 columns depending on your CIS Report Settings:
- Customer/Supplier – this is the Customer or Supplier the Invoice/ Purchase was raised against
- Date – this is the Invoice/Purchase Date or date of Payment
- Invoice Value/Receipt Value/Payment Value – this is the value of the entire Invoice or Purchase (less any excluded items that are set in your CIS settings).
- UTR No / Company Reg. Number – the Unique Tax-Payers Reference, or Company Registration Number
- Less Materials – this is an optional field that is only visible if you have enabled the option of “Include a column to show the value of Materials” from CIS Options
- CIS Deduction – this is the total deduction for CIS on this Invoice/Purchase/Payment
The totals of each column are visible at the bottom of the report.
The CIS Report can be download as both a PDF or CSV file.