Choose a default method to pay your employees. You may override this setting per employee.
This company setup tab is all about how you pay your employees.
Pay Employees By
You can pay your employees by
- Cheque, or
- Electronic Transfer (for example, by BACS)
- Other (for example, if you use your online banking system)
If you pay by Electronic Transfer then KashFlow Payroll needs to know your bank details in order to create the appropriate payment file for you. For building societies you may need to enter your Building Society Roll Number in the BACS Reference box.
When you close a Pay Date you will be able to download a BACS file for a specific Electronic Payment Type, such as
- Barclays Business Master
- Lloyds Link
You can then import the BACS file to your banking software to pay your employees directly, without having to rekey any information.
- Employee salary payments are not sent directly from KashFlow payroll system. This has to be done outside of KashFlow payroll.
- If you would like to pay employees by BACS, then you will need to set up a BACS account. Please contact your bank for more information.
- Please be aware KashFlow payroll will only generate the output file required to make BACS payment on the BACS portal.