Adding a Company – Required Setup Information Part 1

To set up your company with sufficient information to process your payroll, you’ll need to collect a few key pieces of information.

You can enter just the basic information on the first screen of adding a new company to get going; however we recommend that you fully complete company setup to avoid having to return to fix things later.

After setup, you can change or complete any information you may have left out using Company » Setup Details from the left-hand main navigation.

Required Setup Information

Before you can use KashFlow Payroll to create payslips, process pay runs, and pay employees, you will need to complete set up for your company.

If you already have payroll software that you are moving from, you should be able to collect this information from your existing software’s setup screens.

If you are unsure about where to find any of the data required for company setup, check with your accountant, HMRC, or contact support.

Information You’ll Need

  1. The correct legal name of your company.
  2. Your current weekly and/or monthly pay date. If you pay employees each week, enter your next pay day. Likewise if you pay monthly. You may use both pay frequencies at the same time in KashFlow Payroll.
  3. Employer PAYE Reference. Your office and reference number that you can find on the yellow PAYE Payslip booklet supplied by HMRC.
  4. Accounts Office Reference. You will find this 13 character reference number on the PAYE payment booklet or letter supplied by HMRC, printed in the format 123PA12345678.
  5. Corporation Tax Reference (optional). Normally applies to limited companies and can also be called the Company Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) and will have been issued by HMRC. Can be found on the ‘Notice to deliver a company Tax Return’ (form CT603). It may also be found on other documents issued by HMRC.
  6. Self Assessment Unique Tax Reference (optional) – Normally applies to sole proprietors or partnerships and used in RTI submissions to help HMRC identify a sole trader. If you registered with HMRC for Self Assessment, enter the reference number they supplied.
  7. Contracted Out Number (optional) – Required if you operate an occupational contracted-out pension scheme. Sent to you by HMRC when you set up your scheme, and which you will have entered on form P35 when completing your past Annual Return.
  8. Your banking information (optional). If you plan to pay any employees by electronic transfer (BACs) you will need your BACs format, bank account name, number and sort code to hand.
  9. Opening balances. 


Next to Step 2 →

See how IRIS KashFlow works with your business and your books