Yes, we’re at it again. We need a new marketing bod. However, since we’ve pretty much got words covered, we now need a numbers pro. Someone who thinks in binary and dreams of electric sheep.
Though we are growing quickly, we still consider ourselves a startup and are looking for someone who is as interested in implementation and testing as they are in monitoring and analysis.
The right candidate will work alongside our existing marketing department and will take ownership of the following:
- Analysing the UX of, and testing content on, our website
- Assisting in the management of our Adwords team and identifying suitable locations in which to advertise KashFlow
- Use your knowledge of SEO to ensure that our website is performing as well as possible in organic search results
- Take control of the conversion funnel – this involves increasing both the number of website visitors who take a trial of the software and the number of trialists who convert to paying customers
- We envision the applicant as coming from an economics or finance background – this will fuel their obsession with numbers (see below) and ensure an attention to detail. If this isn’t your background but think you’re a fit, feel free to try to prove our assumption wrong!
- Applicants must have a passion for numbers and statistics – the idea of changing buttons from pink to grey and seeing a 0.63% increase in conversions will get you hot under the collar.
- A good knowledge of SEO and strong communication skills are essential.
- Any experience with Google Analytics and Adwords would be advantageous.
- The candidate will be willing to test things and take ownership – we will help to get you started, but all testing done and reporting results back to us will be down to you.
The role offers a chance to work in a relaxed, informal environment (even the CEO usually wears jeans and a t-shirt) that’s full of ambitious, friendly people. It’s also profitable, which means no scrabbling for VC rounds!
How to apply:
Read this post about IPEA, check out our team and see if you think you could be a fit here! You don’t have to be a rock star, a guru or anything like that; you just have to be passionate, hard working and personable. If that sounds like you, please drop email@example.com an email with a little about yourself, relevant experience from your past and your future ambitions. You should also include your salary expectations, as we presume you don’t want to work for free (bonus points if you do).
UPDATE: No agencies.
Our usual notice applies: If you are an agency and you call/email about this role anyway, then we reserve the right to include you in a future blog post about recruitment agencies who can’t read and can’t be any good anyway or they wouldn’t have to phone people who explicitly said “No Agencies”.