Having successfully used this blog to hire people to join the marketing team (with a bit of help from Twitter), we thought we’d try our luck at using it to find a front end developer.
As the sole member of the web design team, I’ve been busy lately. Really busy. Our recent rebrand and upcoming developments in the pipeline have led to the decision that we need to expand. The position is a great chance for a talented developer looking to work with a fantastic team on highly commended software, taking ideas from inception all the way to their final release.
It’s also a chance to work for a startup that has a relaxed, informal environment (even the CEO usually wears jeans and a t-shirt) that’s full of ambitious, friendly people. It’s also profitable, which means no scrabbling for VC rounds!
- You’ll know HTML and CSS back to front (LMTH and SSC…) and inside out.
- Good knowledge of jQuery, as well as when and where to use it.
- Some appreciation of design; you don’t have to be Michaelangelo, but…Warhol would be good.
- An understanding (and practice) of Web Standards, progressive enhancements and how to keep everything running smoothly.
- Experience of mobile web development, especially if people (other than you…) have called it responsive or adaptive.
How to apply:
Read this post about IPEA, check out our team and see if you think you could be a fit here! You don’t have to be a hacker, a guru or anything like that; you just have to be passionate, hard working and personable. If that sounds like you, please drop us an email with a little about yourself, anything you’ve built in the past and your future ambitions. You should also include your salary expectations, as we presume you don’t want to work for free (bonus points if you do).
UPDATE: No agencies.