Yesterday we asked our Facebook community how they strike a balance between their work and family lives. Below are some of their suggestions:
- Set aside one day a week to spend time with your kids.
- Switch off from work in their after school hours to spend time with them.
- Remember that people don’t expect an immediate response to email. (As long as the response is timely!)
- Try not to feel guilty about spending time with your family.
- If your work is flexible, create schedules that allows one parent to work at a time.
Do you have any tips you’d like to add? Let us know in the comments below!
Full discloser: I’m not a parent, so I’ll be practicing these tips in hopes of enhancing my social life.