Whilst the majority of IRIS KashFlow Connect is identical to the Orbit Accounts you already know, there’s some changes that are important to note. Please note that this guide relates to IRIS KashFlow Connect; for details on What’s New and to view the release notes for New KashFlow please click here.
All Orbit Accounts branding has been replaced with IRIS KashFlow Connect branding. This has been done on the login page, forgot password page and within the application itself. All references to Orbit Accounts have been replaced with IRIS KashFlow Connect and the marketing guide has been re-branded accordingly.
Co-Branding is the act of applying your practice or firm’s logo and colours to your clients KashFlow accounts. We’ve maintained support for classic KashFlow branding meaning you can have a different set of colours and a different logo for clients using the classic and new applications.
- Logo – Upload your logo by going to IRIS KashFlow Connect > Branding > Logo. This section has been split into Classic KashFlow & Login Page and New KashFlow. Upload your logo by clicking Choose File > Upload. A preview of how the application will appear to your clients is shown below. The ideal dimensions for a logo are 150 x 60 pixels.
- Colours – Set your custom colours by going to IRIS KashFlow Connect > Branding > Colours. Note that this is split into two sections; Classic KashFlow & Login Page and New KashFlow. For new KashFlow, the title bar refers to the bar along the top of the screen, the left menu bar is the menu bar where invoices etc appear, primary buttons are the critical action and confirmation buttons that appear throughout the application, and finally secondary buttons are the secondary action buttons that appear throughout the application. A preview is shown below.
We’ve given you the option to switch existing clients over to the new user interface and won’t be forcing any existing partner to change. You can decide if you would like to switch the client over to the new user interface immediately yourself, or give the option to the client for them to decide themselves.
Access this setting by going to IRIS KashFlow Connect > Clients > Actions > Edit Details. At the very bottom of the page you’ll see the option for New User Interface.
- Enable UI – Switch Immediately – This will switch the client over to the new user interface right away. The next time they login they will be logged into New KashFlow.
- Enable UI – Give Option to Client – This will present the option to the client the next time they log in. From here, they can decide if they would like to switch to the new user interface or not themselves.
- If the client chooses not right now but later decides they do want switch, they can go to https://securedwebapp.com/migrate.asp and switch
- If the client switches and decides that they would like to switch back, please ask them to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that we cannot revert users who have moved over to a lower price.
For new clients, you can set if to use the new user interface by default or not. Access this setting by going to IRIS KashFlow Connect > Clients > Default Settings. At the bottom of the page you’ll see a tick box for New User Interface. By having this box ticked, any new clients that you create will be automatically enrolled to New KashFlow. By having it unticked, they will continue to be created on Classic KashFlow.
Upgrading & Renewing
As we have introduced different levels of pricing with different functionality, including a payroll product (details and comparison are available here) we’ve made modifications to the upgrade and renewal page to cater for these.
Please note that the tiered pricing (inc. payroll) are only available for clients using the new user interface. Upgrading/renewing a client using the classic user interface will continue to cost the standard licence price agreed with your account manager.
- Upgrade/renew a client using the Classic User Interface – this is still done by going to IRIS KashFlow Connect > Clients > Upgrade/Renew. You can continue to use credits or pay for an annual licence at your agreed price.
- Upgrade/renew a client using the New User Interface – if your client is using the new user interface they are eligible for the new pricing. Access this by going to IRIS KashFlow Connect > Clients > Upgrade/Renew. On this page, you can use an existing credit to upgrade/renew the account (please note that existing credits are only valid for the business package and currently can only be purchased for the business package, support for further packages will be available shortly). You can also purchase an annual licence by using the Annual Payment Option > Selecting a Package > Click Extend.